This week's tour through the Southwest took us to the small in size but massive in soul enclave of Santa Fe, New Mexico and the art of Andrée Hudson.
Inspired by the color of the Southwest, Andrée's work focuses on the everyday rituals of ranch life shown through imaginative and rich strokes of the brush. Reminding us that life is all about perspective, Andrée depicts cattle drives as a vibrant act of beauty and strength.
We at Angel Fire Vodka toast Andrée Hudson for seeing the Southwest as we do, as a uniquely beautiful corner of the Earth.
In honor of Hudson's work, we have created The Fiery Range :
The Fiery Range
1 1/2 oz. Angel Fire Vodka
½ oz. Triple sec liqueur or Cointreau
½ oz. fresh lime juice
3 oz. ginger beer
1 Jalapeno slice or more
• Muddle jalapeno slice and lime juice in the bottom of mixing glass.
• Add Angel Fire Vodka and Cointreau and shake with ice.
• Strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
• Finish with a splash of ginger beer and garnish with lime wheel and jalapeno slice.
• Option: rim glass with red chili salt.
Andrée Hudson is represented by Waxlander Gallery in Santa Fe, New Mexico.